Our 6-Step Office Design Process
With over 16 years of experience, K2 space is one of the UK’s leading office design companies. In fact, since 2007, we’ve designed, built and fitted over 1.5m sq ft of office space for a variety of clients. We strive for office design excellence in a process that focuses on you, our client. We take the time to understand your objectives and what you want your new work environment to deliver.
Our experienced team of designers have worked on numerous projects, in combination totalling over
1.5 Million square feet
Our design and build approach is tailored towards meeting your unique requirements and creating a workplace that your staff are proud to call their own. To achieve this, our office design team will work closely with you to determine the workplace that best works for your organisation. Our 6-step process to office design helps guide all projects. This includes:
1. Developing your brief – We meet with your team and discuss your objectives, budget and design and fit-out aspirations.
2. Understanding your space – We get to know the space you’re looking to design. This involves site surveys, appraisal of facilities and the creation of a detailed plan of action.
3. Space Planning – Our team work with you to space plan your new office. We discuss what needs to be located where, important adjacencies, and the overall flow of your workspace.
4. Finalising your Office Design – Working closely with our designers, we discuss your design preferences, visit other offices and furniture showrooms, and help bring your office design visions to life.
5. Office Fitout and Build – Once the space plan and design have been signed off, our site team get to work actioning our designs. We transform your office space while working to agreed time frames. Regular site visits and appraisal ensures that we meet your needs for the best possible office space where staff love to work.
6. Handover and Move-In – we remain on-site throughout the process to ensure your move is stress-free and meets your exacting requirements.
As the UK’s leading office design and fit-out company, with our own team of design and build experts, you will have one point of contact throughout the project – us.
Our approach means that we take care of everything from creating office design concepts and selecting office furniture to manage all suppliers and contractors that your project requires, from fitters and joiners to IT and mechanical and electrical experts.
We work with only the best and most reliable suppliers in the industry to ensure that you get the workplace that you and your staff deserve. If you want some inspiration and ideas see our latest 2021 office design trends report.